First, navigate to a news article.
- Insert a thumbnail image by clicking the Upload Thumbnail block. A window will appear displaying image files on your machine. If you do not have an image to hand, your website will insert a default placeholder image.
- In this window, navigate to the file you would like to upload. Click on the file and press Open.
- Hover your cursor over the thumbnail image to reveal a pop-up menu in the top right-hand corner.
- Crop- Opens the Crop Thumbnail window.
- Replace Image - Opens the image folder on your machine.
Remove Image - Deletes the image.
- Click on the crop icon to open the Crop Thumbnail window.
- The thumbnail images for your article may appear in several website areas. Each version of the image could appear in different shapes, such as squares or rectangles.
- Main Thumbnail - The image appears within the article.
- List Thumbnail - Image appears within the main news feed category.
- Home Thumbnail - The image appears in the news feed on the homepage.
- Square Thumbnail - The image appears on the Newsletters (if the Add-on is enabled).
App Thumbnail - Image appears within the News & Events app (if the Add-on is enabled).
- Move or drag the crop grid in the left window to adjust the thumbnail image for each area of your website. A preview of the cropped image will appear on the right.
- Repeat image cropping for each of the areas of the website where the image is used, by pressing the purple buttons at the top right of the window.
- Click Update to apply the new crop dimensions.