You may want to edit the images in a page slideshow from time to time. Within our CMS this is very straightforward.
Uploading Slideshow Images
- Click on Home in the Admin bar and then click file manager.
- Now locate the folder for the slideshow you want to amend.
- To edit your default slideshow, please click on 'home' on your admin bar and then 'file manager'. Please expand 'images' and scroll down to 'slideshow' and select ‘1’ or ‘home’. You will see all the images on your current slideshow in this folder.
- To edit slideshows for specific pages or sections, when logged in and on the page you want to change the slideshow for, you should see a tooltip indicating the folder you need to add images to. This is the folder in File Manager where the slideshow images for this specific page's slideshow will be located.
- To add an image to the slideshow you can just click and drag an image from your computer to this folder. You can also click on the 'cloud' button and then navigate to the opened window to where the file is located on your computer.
Cropping the slideshow images
- You can crop an image by clicking the button that looks like 4 green arrows pointing inwards and clicking and dragging the red dotted box to span the width of the image.
You can also drag this box to fit the appropriate section of the image.
(Please be aware that this will edit the image in file manager permanently and cannot be reverted. You may want to make sure you have a backup of the image before cropping.)
- Please click on the Crop button at the top after you are happy with how the image appears.
- You can delete an image by hovering your mouse over an image and selecting the delete icon. It will ask you if you're sure, and if you are, click yes. (It is always wise to download the image first before deletion just to be sure you still have it on your computer!
- Any changes you make will update the slides immediately, but it make take a little while before they appear, due to page caching.